In my last post, I made some predictions. How are those doing?
- The stock market will be lower by Dec 31, 2020. — This could still happen. The stock market is choppy right now.
- Travel industry businesses won't go bankrupt. — We haven't seen any yet.
- Countries will be slow to open their borders. — International travel is severely restricted still.
- Flare-ups will continue to happen in US, China and Europe — Well, the US is certainly flaring.
- Work from home will be a permanent trend. — We're seeing more companies announcing that WFH is a permanent option.
- Downtown office space is in trouble. — Too early to see the effects of this.
- Ad supported businesses are in trouble. — Too early to see the effects of this. But ad agencies are laying people off.
So far, so good. The only question I have of the above is whether the stock market will be down by the end of the year. It's hard to predict.